Tuesday, September 29, 2009

100

I was inspired a few weeks ago to compile a list of 100 truths about me.  Its taken me over a month to complete because i am a total lagger!  But here it is me being completely honest with myself, and with everyone else too for that matter.  The end with my I Loves was because i ran out of things to say and i didnt want to procrastinate any longer haha enjoy.

ciao.m.

100 Truths About...

1. My name is Megan Montgomery McD.


2. I think I have the raddest initials ever, MMM.

3. I love the fact that I tend to be ethnically ambiguous

4. My mom and my sister are my two most favorite people in the whole world, followed by my niece who is my favorite little human.

5. I miss my mom; she died on January 8th 2006 from complications brought on by Cirrhosis of the Liver caused by Hepatitis B & C.

6. If I ever have a child I want them to have dark hair and blue eyes like my momma

7. I really don’t want kids, but I am ok with the possibility of maybe having one some day possibly, but no more than one.

8. I really want to travel the world and I will soon, even if I have to go alone

9. I have been single since March 2001

10. Sometimes I think that I will be one of those people who is single forever

11. I don’t want to get married because I don’t want to get divorced

12. I am attracted to the wrong kind of men more often than not

13. I like girls sometimes, but I like men all of the time.

14. I know what it feels like to love and not be loved in return.

15. I have learned how to love without expectations. It’s a very hard thing to do.

16. I am not bitter because of failed attempts at relationships or love; I refuse to be one of those broads that blames an unhappy future on an unhappy past.

17. I want the kind of love that Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts sings about on “Bless The Broken Road” and Angie Stone sings about on “More Than A Woman”

18. I am a perpetual dreamer. I think I have spent more time day dreaming than actually living.

19. I have day-mares that come randomly to me when I would rather be day dreaming, they are always the same, watching my mother die over and over and over again.

20. I wish I could remember the sound of her voice instead of the sound of her body taking its last breath.

21. I miss my dad, even though he lives five minutes away from me I never see him, sometimes it feels like I lost both of my parents the day my mom died only I get to see him on holidays.

22. I have trust issues, I always put my trust in the wrong people and I give too many chances.

23. I am very selfish and I can admit it.

24. I have a million bad habits, including but not limited to: cussing, smoking, talking in circles, resistance to change, and spending money I don’t have.

25. I really wish that I was better with money.

26. I fell in love with a man that didn’t love me in return the way I loved him and I pretended for 5 years that I was ok with that. In the end I only hurt myself.

27. I live my life honestly with no regrets, I take the good with the bad and I try to learn my lesson from all of the bad choices I have made. If I don’t I only have myself to blame.

28. I like Cupcake way more than I probably should, if you don’t know who Cupcake is don’t ask cuz I wont tell!

29. My dad thinks I am a lesbian, that doesn’t bother me, what bothers me is that he said something to my sister about it instead of asking me.

30. I have never brought a guy home that I was romantically involved with to introduce to my family.

31. My first name is really Marguerite. Only my dad calls me that.

32. I am 420 friendly and damn proud of it, I believe in the legalization of marijuana.

33. I support No on Prop 8. I think that equal rights should apply to everyone, love is blind and people shouldn’t be judged on whom they choose to love. That would be like my parents being judged because my dad is black and my mom is white. Move on people.

34. I am overly opinionated, I speak my mind. My opinion is just that though, MINE. I do not expect anyone to take my thoughts and feelings and make them their own. I am often misunderstood because of this.

35. People find me intimidating. I cant figure out why lol ya I probably can but I think its stupid.

36. I can admit that sometimes I am a total bitch. My filter malfunctions a lot!

37. I am one of the most randomest people I know.

38. Dude! Is the most used word in my vocabulary, followed by shit, fuck, hella and damn.

39. I am allergic to the ghetto.

40. I am from the ghetto.

41. I am a constant contradiction to myself and I know it.

42. I think my life is boring right now, I wish that I didn’t let so many little things hold me back from doing the kind of stuff I wanna do.

43. So far it has taken me two weeks to get to number 43 on this list, beings honest with yourself sometimes takes time.

44. I really really love to sleep, like its one of my favorite things to do even though seriously I am an insomniac.

45. Have I mentioned yet that I am a super procrastinator?

46. Two weeks later and I am only on number 46, how sad is that…see #45.

47. I have never been on a real date before. You know the kind where the guy picks you up and you go to dinner and a movie or dancing or something fun and date like.

48. Sometimes I spend too much time worrying about other people’s problems that I forget about my own.

49. I love to dance.

50. I love love love house music.

51. Wait I love music in general.

52. I spent 3 years of my 20’s doing nothing but partying, damn near 7 days a week.

53. I was told when I was 18 that I am a manic depressive type of person. I have never been on medication and I don’t think that this diagnosis still rings true.

54. I lied a lot when I was younger, the lies finally caught up to me and it sucked, therefore I don’t believe in lying anymore. Why lie when the journey to the truth is so much sweeter.

55. Ok sometimes I am way too honest for my own good.

56. Sometimes I miss him.

57. One of my favorite places in the world is dirty old Ocean Beach in San Francisco. I remember when my mom used to take me there when I was little, good memories that I try to revisit as often as possible.

58. I have an older sister named Renee. I met her when I was 12 and she was 25. For the longest time I resented her, ask me why and I don’t know. Today I love her and my four nephews and three great-nieces.

59. I love my brother in law; I can’t imagine my little sister finding anyone better suited to her personality.

60. I want to go back to school. BUT I’m a procrastinator remember!

61. When I was younger I used to write poetry a lot, I stopped writing a few years ago. This is an exercise to get me back in to writing.

62. Photography is a passion of mine that I do not nourish. I want to get back in to that.

63. For some reason along the way I stopped doing a lot of the things that I really love to do, write, read, photography, road trips. I want to start doing them all again.

64. I feel sometimes as if I stopped living my life and just started going through the motions of the days.

65. I want to LIVE again.

66. My life is still boring; I am going to change that ASAP.

67. I say more than I actually do. Not enough action in my step.

68. I really really need to get healthy; I don’t want to die young.

69. I want to learn to speak French.

70. I have become obsessed with going to Ireland and Canada, don’t ask why its one of those random things about me.

71. I am totally addicted to my cell phone, as much as I hate my Sidekick sometimes it is like an appendage that I cannot live with out.

72. I love to watch TV. Grays Anatomy, Gossip Girl, CSI and Reality shows.

73. I have a comic book collection. My dad got me started when I was younger and I still have my old comics and my Marvel Fleer Ultra 95 comic book cards lmao!

74. I love remote control cars; I used to know how to build them back in the day.

75. I was a tomboy for the first 24 years of my life.

76. I love MAC makeup and designer purses; I am an admitted label snob when it comes to accessories.

77. I am spoiled, like seriously but I spoil myself, I don’t expect anyone else to do it but it sure would be nice.

78. When will it be my turn to fall in love and be in a real relationship with someone?

79. I plan to make my 30’s the best decade thus far in my short life.

80. If you ask me to tell you anything about me I will probably tell you more than you wanted to know.

I love…

81. Pepsi and Dr Pepper.

82. A cold beer on a hot summer night. Or maybe a strawberry margarita

83. The Bay Area

84. Scarves

85. Cold Pizza

86. Mexican Food

87. The 49ers and the Giants

88. College Basketball during March Madness

89. The beach in winter

90. My mom, My Sister and My Niece Alana

91. Long drives with no destination in mind

92. Kissing

93. Cuddling

94. Tattoos, I have 8 and I want more

95. Motorcycles even though I don’t know how to ride

96. Sunsets

97. The idea of being irrevocably in love with someone

98. Halloween

99. Christmas

100. And Last But Never Least Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment