Monday, March 8, 2010

I Quit!

I have finally decided to quit smoking! I am still in the beginning stages like the first 36 hours or something like that but its the longest I have gone in a long while without really wanting a cigarette. I have decided to keep this to myself cuz I don't wanna jinx it but since I needed to tell someone I decided to tell it to my blog which I neglect more often than not and no one but me reads it anyways.

I am horrible at follow through just awful I tell ya! I start things and never finish them but this is something that needs to happen. I want to be healthy and happy and live a long and contented life. I mean I'm already over weight so that's strike one against me why add another strike that is unnecessary. Smoking is the worst habit I could have ever picked up, the thing is I don't even know why I smoke I remember I started because I was bored and thought it was cool. Newsflash! Smoking is far from cool. Both of my parents smoked, my dad still does, he has a 2 pack a day habit and I'm constantly watching him "cough up a lung" (well whenever I can manage to be around him for more than five minutes that is.) I don't want to end up like that. I've been smoking for a while now, maybe about 9 years or so and it was always a pretty bad habit but after my mom passed away it got worse and I have to say that I am quite addicted to nicotine. So this is my step one admitting that I have a problem and I am powerless over the situation. Hi my name is Megan and I am addicted to nicotine and I am going to try my damdest to quit smoking and I am going to use my blog as an outlet for my nicotine frustrations.

Megan M. McDonald

1 comment:

  1. I quit smoking almost a year ago and I feel much better.

    It's the worst habit I've ever had, and after doing it for about 6 years, I realized that it didn't come to anything. Bad smell in clothes and less money in your pocket ..

    I hope you well with your decision!

    xxx
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete