Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life

The funny thing about music and me is that at any given I have a totally random song stuck in my head. Someone can say something and if it sounds like the line from a song I happen to know, it’s instantly in my internal playlist. It’s so random. Needless to say that music is a huge part of my life, currently it’s lacking. I’m on repeat from the 70’s 80’s and 90’s. Growing up my mom always had the radio or the record player (yes as in vinyl) going. I grew up listening to everyone from Eric Clapton (in the form of Blind Faith and The Yardbirds), Marvin Gaye, Charlie Daniels, Sly and the Family Stone, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, John Lennon solo, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Anita Baker, Catfish Zydecoe, Randy Travis, Reba, Dolly, Luther, Prince… and the list goes on and on and on forever I swear.

I am one of those people that every time I hear a song, I will swear to you its my favorite. And it probably is, or at least was at some point in time. Stuck in my head right now: Kings of Leon Use Somebody, The Clash Should I Stay Or Should I Go, The Cardigans Lovefool from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack, Tom Petty Mary Jane.

Music is my life. The soundtrack to my soul would be a never-ending playlist of randomness. I listen to such a vast variety of music. I am eclectic.

So with that said I figured I would share my playlist. It ranges from some of my favorite songs over the years, there’s rock, hip-hop, reggae, house, electro, r&b, and maybe a little country. Enjoy!

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/10195740171

Ciao.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment