Thursday, October 1, 2009

Single in the valley

So I'm like single right, like duh been that way for a while now. Its fine really I swear, I mean it would be nice to have someone to be with, cuz I mean sometimes being alone does get lonely. Redundant I know but whatever that's me. So I know that I don't have a specific direction that I want this blog to go in but I do know that it's completely about the randomness that is totally me. Like 100% me in the for real. With that comes the total singleness that is my life. The dating mishaps, the false connections, the stolen glances, the intense kisses. Blah blah blah! I meet guys, that's never been a problem, the problem is that I meet guys that are in to me but it isn't necessarily always reciprocated.

Like take for instance I am a total height snob. I know its bad but seriously I am 6' tall and just like any other woman out there I want a man I can look up to. What is it with short guys that like tall women? I met this guy, he's older, maybe a little too old for me but he's really nice, easy to talk to, not bad on the eyes, but OMG he's 5'7" he like comes up to my shoulder!!!! I am prejudiced, I really am and it sucks because of his height he doesn't stand a chance, no matter how good of a man he may be, my snobbery will not allow me to get over his small stature. Swear, when it comes to something like this I don't know how to let someone down the nice way.

Ok I know that people do the same thing to me. I am a big woman, BBW, whatever you wanna call it, I'm fine with it, it doesn't bother me at all, I love myself that's what's most important. I know that there are some guys out there that don't date plus size women, they aren't all in to the whole BBW thing, which is fine, their prerogative, I am not going to hate on them. BUT the thing is, I get hated on because I won't date short guys and I don't date square guys, and I now because I really don't date black guys. Nothing against black men I LOVE BROTHAS, I just tend to date Hispanic and Caucasian men. People tell me I need to have a more open mind when it comes to dating, which includes giving vertically challenged people a chance.

I tried, I CANT DO IT!!! It doesn't feel right. It's not natural for me. So shoot me! I know, I know, I might just miss out on a good guy because I wont date someone who doesn't fit my personal standards. I mean really, other than the height thing I'm open to dating all kinds of people. I am open to meeting people with varying backgrounds and interests; the main thing is that there has to be a mutual attraction, mental and physical. But, alas I am still picky, but then again, tell me who isn't!

Ok this has been my dating mishap rant for October first. Trust me, there's many more to come, hahahahaha!!!!! Until next time...


Ciao.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment